Kik's Art Journal

Monday, October 23, 2006

Practical Color Mixing Test Reflection

On the 18th, Wednesday during in art class we did a test on color theory. We did the test first then we had to do a practical color mixing test. I got a blue tone and I thought that it would be really hard because the school blue paint is not the same colour as the tone card. Then when I started to paint it, I did not get the right colour even I tried to mix all of paint on the table. I then realize that it was really hard to mix it. Later on, I tried and tried and still I did not get it. But then I got the darkest blue, the last tone color on the card.

But unlucky I did not keep the colour so I had to mix it again. But if I keep it I may have a chance to do all the tints, by adding white to it to make it lighter. It took me a long time but at the end I managed to have 2 correct out of 4. Mr Pat gave me 9 out of 10 for criterion B, which it is out of 10. I agree with the score that I got because I tried my best even if I got 2 correct. I am proud with the score even I only got 2 out of 4 tints, but I tried my best.

Well in that lesson I would say that most of the tone cards are hard to try to make that colour. But I think that the most hardest tone colour to make is green, the one that Kevin, Keith and Som got.

2 Comments:

  • I think you should have a reflection about the art project too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:01 AM  

  • Kik,
    Can you give your colour a name? Why was it difficult?
    Do you agree with your score?
    In the class, what colours seemed easy or difficult?
    You also got back some other grades for the colour wheel project. What do you think of this?
    remember you never add white to make it lighter, you always add the colour TO white (not white to the colour).
    POC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home